I love Advent Calendars. It’s one of the reasons I look forward to Christmas, honestly. The whole concept of planning activities or getting small gifts for 24 days leading up to Christmas makes me happy. So, it’s not a huge surprise that we made one for the Holidays. And, it’s turned out perfectly! Now all we need to do is wait till the 1st, without peeking into the boxes!
Time taken: 2 hours
- Boxes Template PDF
- Double sided tape
- Glass Jar
- Christmas fillers (optional)
- Ribbons (optional)
Steps to make a Christmas Advent Jar:
- Start by downloading the free PDF and taking out print outs for all the boxes. You can scale them up or down, to fit into the jar. We used boxes which were 2 x 2 x 2 inches. For the design, we coloured 4 sides in 2 block colours, added christmas related images on 2 sides and the day number over the top and bottom sides. If you need ready made ones, let us know through this link and we’ll send it to you.
- Cut out the boxes and put double sided tape on all the flaps.
- Fold in all the edges of the boxes.
4. Place the filler of your choice at the bottom of the jar, to create a base for the boxes to lean on. We used two kinds of filler that complement the colours of the boxes. Which we placed haphazardly between the boxes.
5. Keep adding boxes and fillers, to the jar while moving upwards. In order to get the best impact, fold the edges of the fillers inwards and put the boxes outwards. We turned the boxes, to show each side clearly.
Optional: for the lid, you can add ribbons and curl them. It’s a nice finishing touch to add.
Things to keep in mind:
- Crease the boxes well or they won’t close.
- Print the template on slightly thick paper, which will hold after folding.
How do you like our Christmas Advent Jar? Let me know, in the comments below or through any of the links! #countingthedaystochristmas