I’m having a difficult week. And, it’s thrown my creativity and tutorial plans out of the window. But, it’s alright. These things happen. But, that doesn’t mean I’m fine with doing nothing crafty all week! That idea is just craazzyy! So, we pulled out our bag of tricks & came up with custom triangle boxes that can be made in minutes. The best parts are, they can be made by anyone and in any color. Because, we have a great template you can print and use! Read on for more details.
Time: 10 minutes
- Template printed out on thick paper (Click here to download the printable)
- Paints / Pens / Crayons / Colour Pencils
- Single Punch
Steps on how to make triangle boxes:
- Start with printing the template on thick paper or tracing the design.
- Paint the base, as per choice and let it dry for a few minutes.
- Cut out the design and fold over the lines – first the sides and then the edges.
- Punch a hole on all four sides. It needs to be between the two side folds.
- Starting from one side, pull a thread through all 4 holes. Pull the sides in tightly, so that no gaps show and tie a simple bow.
Things to keep in mind:
- Don’t use a pen to draw over the lines. Because they will stand out, if the fold is incorrect.
- As always, you can click on the materials mentioned above to buy them online. I’m trying to find the best deals and will share only products , I would use.
- The folds need to be made firmly, so that there are no gaps.
- Don’t glue the sides or the box won’t open!
And that’s it! A simple Colour It In Triangle Box, perfect for small gifts, on any occasion. Hope you enjoy making them and if you find that difficult and would rather place an order, let me know at email@example.com.
Also, if you’re interested in making origami (ish) boxes, you should check out our Quirky Boxes, by clicking here. They’re all about octagons and hexagons and pentagons. Quite interesting, if I do say so myself.
Have a great day ahead! Bye!