My niece recently said, “I could spend my whole day, every day making crafts”. And, I couldn’t agree with her more! So, with Easter coming up next week, I thought it’s the perfect opportunity to make something simple, that kids of all ages would have fun making and wearing. That’s what lead to this DIY Easter bunny mask craft tutorial. Here’s how you can make them too!
Time: 30 mins per mask
- Single Punch
- Thick Marker
- Scotch tape
- Colored Paper (1 per mask)
- Pipe cleaners (6 pieces cut to 3 inches, per mask)
- String (2 pieces of 16 inches each, per mask) OR 1 popsicle stick
And, you’ll need the template for the mask. Click here to download the PDF for free.
Steps for making bunny mask:
- Start by printing the template given above on a sheet of coloured paper and cutting out the design.
- Cut out the holes in the middle of the bunny mask, for the eyes.
- Use a thick marker to give the entire bunny mask an outline. Similarly, add outlines around the eye areas to highlight them.
- Draw the inner portion of the ears (marked 2) and the nose (marked 3)
- Spread a thin layer of glue and sprinkle glitter in the inner parts of the ears and the nose. Make sure to add a thick coat of glitter. Once it has dried, dust off the excess glitter.
- Dab a little glue (or use a glue drop) on the spaces marked 4 and paste 3 pipe cleaner pieces on each of them. Make sure, to place them at slight angles. So that they spread out and look like whiskers.
For the final steps:
If you want to tie the bunny mask around your face: Punch holes at the spots marked 1 and loop the strings through the holes made. Make sure to tie a double knot that can hold the bunny mask in place.
On the other hand, if you want to hold up the mask, instead of wearing it, you can paste a popsicle stick to one side of the mask. To dress this up, we spread glue on the stick and added glitter to the same.
And that’s all there is to it A simple DIY Bunny Mask Craft for Easter! Plus, it’s a really fun activity for kids to do. Right?