I know, we did a games DIY only last week. But, this was too cute an idea, to postpone! It plays right into our obsession with emojis. And when I say obsessed, I mean really really obsessed. Everything from snack boxes to balloons to macarons can have emojis, as far as I’m concerned. I’m one of those people, who adds an emoji after every sentence (Yes, I understand thats annoying. But, they help me express how I feel. Ok!) So, it makes complete sense, that we would try to incorporate them into even more stuff. Example A, would be this game of skittles. Here’s, how to make them.
Time taken: 1.5 hours max
- 6 empty bottles
- Sand (optional)
- Colored Paper
- Black Marker
- Yellow Paper
- Colored markers (optional)
- Double sided tape
- Soft Ball
How to make Emoji Skittles:
Next, we cut out 6 sheets of coloured paper as per the length of the bottles. And, drew simple patterns using a black marker. You can add glitter, tape, paint as per choice. Or keep it simple, so that the emojis get highlighted.
- Paste double sided tape on both the lengths of the paper and place the bottle on one of the edges. Make sure, the rim of the bottle matches the base of the paper.
- Roll the paper, till you reach the other end and paste the edge over the first one. The two edges will ideally align.
- Apply 2 small strips of double sided tape to the bottom of the emojis and paste them near the top of the bottles.
- Draw the points, below the emojis stuck on the bottles. The bottles are worth 2, 7, 8, 10 and 15 points.
How to play: Make the emoji skittles stand, in a group and take turns to roll the ball at them. Add up the numbers on the knocked down skittles. The first person, to get a total of 50 exactly, wins!
Things to remember:
- Use thin paper for the body of the skittles. The thicker the paper, the more difficult it is to paste.
- If the bottles are not standing straight, you can add some sand to the bottles, to give them some weight.
Which emoji can’t you resist using, again and again? For me, its the slightly smirky sarcastic one. I have to literally control myself, from over using it.
Would you like to make and play this game? Let us know, your thoughts in the comments below or through any of the links mentioned here.