Woven origami stars, are easy to make paper stars which take about 15 minutes each to make. They’re pretty cute and can be used in a lot of different ways, sprucing up the object instantly!
Time: 15 mins each to start with
- Take 4 strips of paper (3 by 56 cms) and fold each in half, cut the top of each of them in a slant.
- Place the pink strip sideways. Fold the orange over the red one, pointing down. Fold blue over green. Fold yellow over blue. Tuck yellow inside the red one. Push the strips together to make a square.
- Fold one side of each strip back over the square in this order: yellow, blue and orange.
- Weave the pink strip under the yellow.
5. Bend the top orange strip forward, making a triangle.
6. Bend the top orange strip over to the side, making another triangle.
7.Twist the top orange strip down the front and under the pink strip. Pull it tight and crease the line.
8. Cut the excess orange strip, so it’s even with the bottom of the pink strip that it’s tucked under. And repeat these actions with the pink strip on the left, yellow strip at the bottom and blue strip on the right.
9. Now, fold the yellow strip on the top rightwards and press the lines to create a crease.
10. Next, follow the same steps 5 and 6 for the yellow strip.
11. Fold the yellow strip under the blue strip.
12. Cut the excess strip at the bottom edge of the blue strip. Repeat these steps for the remaining strips.
There are so many ways in which origami stars can be used! We used them to decorate an old candle votive, mark wine glasses, cover napkins and as ornaments. You can even make multiple paper origami stars and put them up as wall decor. Simple to do?
How do you like these woven origami stars? Let us know in the comments below! Also, if you have some origami tricks up your sleeve, tell us on any of our social media, we would love to share it here.