Unfortunately, this post isn’t about baking. But, hopefully it’s as interesting. As we mentioned earlier, we are going to try and post games every 3 weeks. For the next time, you need something quick to plan and fun to play.
All you need for this game are the letters PASTRY on single sheets. Here’s a scram letters pdf for downloads. To make them look interesting, we printed the letters on colored paper and painted the letters in gold.
The game goes like this:
- A moderator divides the players in groups of 4, 5 or 6 depending on the number of people playing. All the teams need to be of the same number of members.
- Each team is given a set of the letters. If there are 4 member teams, the word PART is to be given. If the teams have 5 members then PARTY and if it’s 6 members, PASTRY.
- The team members have to take one letter per person.
- Once, the teams are ready, the moderator will call out words from a list, which the members have to quickly move around to form the word called out. For example, if the word is ART, the members with the letters A,R and T have to quickly stand next to each other, with the other letters moving out of the way. The team that forms the word the fastest, wins!
- Change the words and play as many rounds as you like. The team with the maximum points in the end wins!
For the moderator, a list of words that can be used are in this PDF: Scram Wordlist
This game is entertaining for adults and children alike. And chaos ensues, as people forget basic spelling in their bid to win!