Have you ever wished harry Potter characters were real and your friends? we have! Unfortunately, as much as I hate to admit it, thats not going to happen. So, we went for another option: Make something that reminds you of the world, when you need it most. And so, we made a candle out of a quote by one of our favorite (well everyones’ favorite) characters – Professor Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore. It’s a sweet reminder, to be happy even when things seem hopeless. Without further ado, here’s what to do!
Time taken: Depends on how much time it takes to make the image on the paper. The execution is about 5 minutes.
- Clear glass jar (make sure the glass is a bit thick)
- Tea light or any small candle. We used the cupcake candle, made here.
- Butter paper/ Parchment Paper
- Measure the circumference of the jar. An easy way to do this is just fold the paper inside the jar and see how much it overlaps. Make small markings using a pencil on the paper.
- Once you have the markings, you have the measurement of how big the image should be. Therefore, you can make the image you want to add to the candle. We did a simple Google search for the quote we like, took an appropriate image and resized it to the candle measurements.
- Print the quote on the paper and cut the extra paper.
4. Dab a little glue on the candle and stick it to the center of the jar. It’s important to make sure the candle does not move, as it could burn the paper.
5. Stick the two ends of the paper to form a circle and place it in the candle.
6. Light up the candle! Even if you’re not going to use it then, we would recommend trying it for 3-4 minutes, just to make sure the flame isn’t touching the sides of the paper.
Tip: Surprisingly, photographs get printed on this paper really well! So, a nice alternative is to print a collage of pictures instead. They make the candles great to look at from all angles. We made one for a friend, and then did some quick packing on it. Here’s what it looked like,
This was a really simple gift wrap. If you would like to see the steps, click here.
Did you guess which movie this quote is from? Tell us which one in the comments. Also, if you make this DIY, don’t forget to let us know with the hashtag #thecraftablesproject.