In my family, there are some games which we are super competitive about. Some are board games like scrabble and monopoly or card games or mobile games. One of the games we’re constantly talking about is Candy Crush. Talking about what level we are on and what strategy we should use, is an actual conversation we have every day. So for my dad’s birthday last sunday, I decided to make some easy themed cake decorations. He’s obsessed with the game (on level 1850!) and so a candy crush cake stand and topper, seemed fitting!
Ironically, my dad doesn’t eat a lot of the cake or any of the candy shown in the game. So, we got him something really small with minimal candy. But, you can always add more!
Time taken: 30 minutes
- Candy Crush Cake Stand Template
- Candy Crush Topper Template
- Double sided foam tape
- Regular / washi tape
- A4 size printer paper (if you have thick paper that goes through your printer. That’ll work out better!)
To replicate this candy crush cake stand:
- Measure the circumference of your cake stand. The easy way to do this is to place a scale in the middle of the stand and see the diameter. Then multiply it by 3.14 and you have your measurement.
- Print out the cake stand print, based on the measurement. This varies for different cake stands. Mine needed 3 and a half strips of candy. Don’t worry about the edges, you can overlap it slightly, so that it doesn’t show.
- Cut the strips from the edges. This is the part that takes time, as you want to cut it as close to the edges as possible.
- Paste 1 layer of thin double sided foam tape around the rim of the stand. This tape is easier to use, as it doesn’t spoil the stand at all. And, when you paste the strips, it hides the joints as well.
- Making sure the height is consistent, paste each of the candy strips around the rim.
For the toppers:
- Print and cut out the candy designs on the second PDF.
- Using small pieces of tape paste the candy in a kebab like fashion. You can mix up the candy. paste them at angles, create different heights. Anything works!
- We also made some toppers with toothpicks instead of skewers to add smaller layers.
- Place the cake in the middle of your stand.
- Place the biggest skewer in the upper half of your cake and then keep adding more toppers around it.
And you’re done! That’s all there is to it 🙂
How do you like our Candy crush cake stand and toppers? Let me know what you think in the comments below!
PS: Just saying, this isn’t a sponsored post or an ad. We just like playing the game and so we wanted to make something related to it. That’s all 🙂