We can never have too many napkins. Besides the obvious, that they need to be replaced often, we like to mix & match them on every occasion. Which is probably why we have drawers (yes, plural) for our collection. And, today’s DIY is such a simple & colourful addition – Floral Cocktail Napkins!
Now, I know we did a floral DIY very recently. What can I say, we love flowers! Though, we made a conscious effort to make the flowers super easy. So, that they can be replicated quickly. And to help make it even simpler, we didn’t use any paint. At all! Scroll on, for the details.
Time: 10 minutes per napkin
Steps to make Floral Cocktail Napkins:
1. Start with, drawing a simple pattern on a piece of paper or printing out the design you would like to use. Spread out the napkin and place the pattern below it. Trace the pattern onto the napkin, very lightly.
2. With a thin black marker, draw the outline of the design.
3. Colour in the flowers, you want to fill completely first. It’s best to follow the shape of the petal.
4. For the centre flower, draw an outline for each petal and make a “U” midway through it. Colour upto the “U” completely. And then draw lines coming out of it.
5. Join the two ends of each leaf with a green marker and colour in the bottom half.
6. Add small details to the drawing with black. Such as, small lines around the flowers, colouring the centre.
Things to keep in mind:
- Don’t use a dark pencil or draw over your lines. It’s almost impossible to remove pencil marks.
- Avoid drawing over the first line.
- Remember that all of the napkins need to look the same. So, the stencil is your best friend!
- Click through the links in the materials, to buy them online.
I hope you like the tutorial & feel like making some napkins too 🙂 What design would you like to make?