Wow, life has been crazy lately. Seems like there’s always something happening. Before one activity is done, the next three are lined up. So, we really needed to unwind this week. Now, we don’t know if you agree, but there’s nothing like doing something creative to make everything seem a whole lot better. And today, we did just that, with these Bow Tie Bobby Pins. Would you like to make them too? Here’s how,
Time taken: 15 mins each (well almost!)
- Colored paper
- Matching glitter
- Bobby Pins
- Varnish (optional)
- Cut out three parts of the tie.
- Smear a thin layer of glue on each part and sprinkle glitter on top. Be careful, that theres only one layer of each. If there are more, the glitter will shed later.
- Let the glitter dry. Dust off any extra glitter that may be left.
- Stick the three parts. Flaps at the bottom, bow in the middle and the band to tie it up.
5. Spray a light layer of varnish. This is just to make sure, none of the glitter falls off. And stick the bow on the pin and let it dry.
- Experiment with the design. The best part about this DIY, is that it is soo adaptable. For example, you can make carrot or egg shaped pins for Easter!
- Measure the length of the bow before cutting it out. Don’t want it to be too small or too large for the pin.
Do you like these bow tie bobby pins? Let us know in the comments below, if you will be trying this idea. Also, if you have any tips, suggestions or have made something similar, definitely share it with us!