We’re sure everyone has had this problem – Mixing up wires or worse taking the wrong one when you need it. So, we’re quite sure, this organisation DIY will be very handy. Also, it’s quite cute to look at as it covers up marks/stains. Specially, if the wires are like ours and have gotten a little shabby with usage. Here’s what to do!
Time: 30 mins
- Quilling paper strips (all craft stores carry these). However, if they arent available ribbon & washi tape work are good options too!
- The wire to be covered
How to go about it:
- Stretch the cord and smear a small amount of glue on the cord (we would recommend doing this in parts, so that the glue doesn’t dry up.)
- Stick one end of the paper to the edge at a slight angle
- Wrap the ribbon/paper around the wire at the slight angle. Mix colours as you move along.
Things to remember:
- The paper/ribbon/washi tape needs to be firmly wrapped. If it is loose, it will strip off easily.
- Don’t worry about making mistakes, they can be easily covered up.
- Choose different colours, so that you start associating a wire with the colour of the cord. That way you can’t confuse them later.
- Stick the ends of the paper well.
- This can be done with sharpies/markers as well. But that’s a bit untidy.
Go from unorganized confusion..
..to an organised and colourful setup, in minutes!
AND never mistake your many wires and cables again!
If you like this DIY, let us know in the comments below or share it on your social media with these links. Also, if you have tried something similar, do share it with us. We have seen a lot of variations of this hack and love using different tutorials!