A couple of months ago, we made a Finger Twister that was a blast to play. And ever since then, I’ve been itching to try a full sized one. So, when we had a Harry Potter Birthday party, it was just the right timing to DIY a Hogwarts version! This particular board was made using the houses at Hogwarts – Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw and Slytherin (side note: I’m a proud Slytherin, what’s your house?) Today, we’re going to be sharing a printable version of our game for you to use. Ready? Let’s go!
- Templates for the base and the board (click here to download our design)
- Tack Pins
- Thick Card Paper
If you’re going for the same finish as this board, you’re also going to need a printer who can print on non tearable flex. This works wonders for the durability of your board. As you can walk, stomp and slide over it, without tearing it.
Steps for the Base:
In order to make the base, all you need to do is download the template and have it printed on a flex sheet. There are a couple of other materials on which the game can be printed. But keep in mind that the board is 67 x 55 inches. Which is pretty huge, so you want to go with flex. These sheets are the kinds used in billboards and standees. Once the base has been printed, the excess material can be cut off from the edges.
Steps for the Board:
- Use the second template and have it printed on thick card paper. I would also recommend getting it laminated to give it that finished look.
- Once the square has been printed, place a tack pin, in the middle of board puncturing a hole through the paper.
- Cut a small arrow from the remaining card paper and push the tack pin about halfway, through the middle of the paper.
- Push the bottom of your pin into the hole punctured earlier.
- Give it a spin to make sure its moving smoothly. If its a light stiff, jiggle the pin a little to make the puncture mark on the arrow a little bigger.
And that’s it! You have a fun Harry Potter Twister to play on your next Game Night!
What I enjoyed about this game, was the sheer number of themes you can make. You can literally pick any theme and design the game around it. If you would like to design your own and would like to order a customised version, you can use this button to get in touch with us. We would love to help 🙂