Pom Poms are, I feel, a universally favorite embellishment. They’re colorful and cute, can be made in different sizes easily and can be maintained without any difficulties. So, it’s a no-brainer that we love working with them. And this week, we made these adorable keychains for all the rooms in the house. We even color coordinated them, so that they can be identified easily from a pile of keys. Here are the details on how to make them!
Time: 15-20 minutes
- Thick Yarn/ Wool
- Keychain Rings
- Regular Fork
- Making a pom pom is very simple. To start with, Take a fork and loop around it about 80-90 times. If you’re making small ones, loop it 60-70 times.
- Take a long piece of the long and loop it around the center through the middle space of the fork. Tie it firmly – the tighter the better.
- Cut of the long piece of yarn. And holding it start cutting the mini ball around the edges. While cutting, make sure the length of open yarn is more or less the same. This will give it a better shape. When I started cutting, I was nervous about cutting too much. But, as it turns out, the more you cut the better the ball shapes up.
- One the ball has formed, tie the two ends of the long yarn and create a loop.
5. Similarly make multiple pom poms.
6. Insert the balls into a key ring.
7. Snip off the excess thread from the loop and add your keys to the ring. Voila! Your keychain is ready!
Things to remember:
- Make the middle thread extremely tight. If it’s loose, the cut yarn will slip through.
- Cut the yarn short.
- Plan your colors and the length of the thread, so that the pom poms are placed better on the keychain.
Pretty cute right? Let us know what you think of the idea in the comments!