We’re on quite a roll with the easy gift wrapping ideas! From handmade ribbon to sharpie art to printable wrapping paper, we’ve been exploring a lot of options that are simple and inexpensive. On that line of thought, we wanted to share an interesting gift wrapping idea with no frills whatsoever. That means no ribbons, no embellishments and no cutouts. Woah!
- A3 size coloured paper / chart sheet
- Acrylic Paint in 2 colours
- Thick Flat Brush
The trick with this DIY is to choose the right colours to paint with. Not all colours show clearly on darker paper. So, either you can go for a lighter paper colour or test your colour options on the corner of your sheet to see if they’re looking good. Here, we were working with darker purple sheets, which is a tough colour to paint on. That’s why we picked a darker tone of purple and a sharp yellow to contrast it.
- Spread the sheet on a flat surface and plan out what design you want to doodle and in which direction. Here we took about 3 minutes per sheet, as the designs were basic. We did a brushstroke over the whole sheet, smaller brushstrokes in one direction and waves.
- Once you know the design you want, dip your paintbrush in some water and tap off the excess. This is to make sure your paint isn’t lumpy. Next dip the brush in the paint and confidently make a stroke on the top of the paper.
- Moving downwards, continue making strokes. Let it dry. While avoiding making strokes one on top of the other.
- Next make smaller strokes, using your contrasting colour. Let it dry.
- Wrap your gift normally.
What did you think of this easy gift wrapping idea? Is it something you would make? Let us know in the comments below. Also, if you do make it, don’t forget to take a picture and send it to us! We would love to see your creativity come to life. Tag us on our social media or use the hashtag #thecraftables.
And just like that, it’s the end of the month for tutorials. We’re taking a break from posting for the next week and will be back in the second week of August. Happy Crafting! 😀