Did you do this as a child? Painting using earbuds? We got back to it, for a set of anniversary gifts and think it looks pretty cool with gift packing. Bonus for lazybones, its completely easy to make and takes only a few minutes.
Time taken: 20ish minutes
- Colored paper
- White/Beige Paper
- Black marker
- Measure out a small white panel for the gift that has to be covered. And cut it out. We were packing a box of Lindt Dark Swiss Thins and the struggle to gift something so tasty, was very real!
- Plan your design on it. By this we mean, with a pencil draw out a rough outline of the design you would like.
- Using the earbuds (nicely dip and twirl them in paint), dab single dots based on your design onto the white paper. Let it dry.
- Draw over the pencil lines with a black marker (or paint, if you’re comfortable with that).
- Rub out the pencil marks
- Wrap the gift in colored paper.
- Wrap over the colored sheet with the white paper that has been made.
What we did to make it look cuter, is we overlapped the white sheet over the colored sheet and pasted it to the white sheet itself. So the the cover that be removed and saved.
Or maybe, go smaller and make gift tags for the packaging as well!
How do you like this idea? Let us know! Also, don’t forget to show us your designs with the hashtag #thecraftablesproject. Happy Wrapping!