Our experiment worked! This week, my sister and I were doing our nails with this great orange nail polish. And, though we’re not nail art pros (or have any kind of experience with it whatsoever), we really wanted to share the end results. Here’s our tutorial on how you can do a simple manicure for Halloween.
Time: 20 minutes (it takes time to dry)
- Orange Nail Polish
- Black Nail Polish / Black Paint / Black marker
- Top Coat
- Masking Tape / Magic Tape
Steps for Halloween Inspired Nails:
- Start by painting a double coat of orange polish on your nails. We painted the ring fingers on both hands, black. Add one layer of top coat on top of the polish.
- Cut thin strips of tape and use the tweezer to place the tape on your fingers. We did a variation of thick and thin lines, vertically and horizontally. Its exactly like masking.
- Paint over the leftover spaces with black and let the nails dry
- Once the paint is completely dry, use a tweezer to pull the tape off carefully. Do it slowly, to avoid the paint chipping.
Optional: Add another layer of top coat, giving the manicure finish and shine.
Things to remember:
- Let the polish dry completely, at every stage. This helps get a better overall effect.
- Make sure the tape is pressed in completely. Or the paint will seep through, spoiling the lines.
- It always helps to plan your design before you start.
- As always, you can click the materials above to buy the products needed.
Pretty and easy! Let me know if you like seeing such tutorials and if you would like to see more of them. I would love to experiment 🙂