Personally, we used to dread giving round gifts. Once, we bought a hamper of biscuits instead of a regular tin can, just to avoid the inevitably clumsy packing. Luckily, we found an easy alternative to this problem. Here’s what we did,
Time taken: 5-10 minutes
- Crepe paper
- Clear cellophane sheet
- Wrap the crepe paper around the gift: This doesn’t have to be super neat. Instead, place the gift upside down on the sheet and stick the edges to the bottom of the object. Since there is another layer coming on top of it, the bottom won’t look odd.
- Sticking one edge of the ribbon to the bottom, start wrapping it around the gift. Make sure to space it well and tightly, as otherwise, the ribbon will start drooping.
- Cut a square of cellophane paper. The size should be much bigger than the height of the gift.
- Place the gift in the center and hold the edge of the cellophane to the center of the gift. Put a small tape around it, to hold the center in place.
- Tie a small piece of the same ribbon around the center and done!
Easy peasy lemon squeezy right? If you would like to see what gift we used, check it out here.
Also, if you like this post, don’t forget to share it. Lastly, if you use this technique, don’t forget to let us know with the hashtag #thecraftablesproject.