If I had to pick one reason for going to parties, it would be the food. Finger food is some of my favourite things to eat and I’m that person who tries to sit near a bowl of chips, all evening. So, when I got the chance to make something that allows me to eat and move around simultaneously, I was sold on the idea. In addition to making them portable, we wanted to make the snack platters disposable. So, you can reuse them if you like or throw them away. Here’s what you’ll need to do.
Time taken: 10 minutes per set
- Artificial flowers
- Small disposable trays
- Plastic shot glasses
- Glue gun
- Paper Napkins
- Double sided tape
In order to make these platters, you need to make two components. The first of which are these small bowls for sauces, dips etc. In fact, you can hand out these, on their own too. Just fill them up with the dip and add the chip / vegetable on top of it.
- We cut out small circles to paste the flowers on.
- Using a glue gun, paste a wide leaf slightly below the middle of each circle.
- Glue on three flowers, at slight angles on top of the leaf.
- Put double sided tape on the back of the circle and paste it onto the bowls.
You can glue the flowers directly onto the plastic. But, I recommend using the paper, for two reasons.
- It’s easier to remove the flowers and wash the bowl, if you want to reuse it.
- You can never be too sure about using a glue gun directly on plastic.
For the second half of the set, you will need to:
- Paint the rim of the platter without using any water. Don’t paint inside the platter, as you’ll be placing food there.
- As with the bowl, glue a leaf on of the the corners.
- Add flowers in the same angles on top of the leaf.
- Place matching paper napkins inside the platter, if you want to give it more colour.
I think this is a really convenient idea for a lot of combinations. Some ideas are, sushi & soy, hummus and lavash, Nachos and salsa, chips and dip. And, since they don’t take too much time to make, you can make a lot of them very quickly.
And, that’s our tutorial for our Snack Platters! Let me know what you think of the idea in the comments below. I’d love to hear your take on it. Or, you can come say hi through any of the platforms given here. Happy Holidays!