Some people say, polaroids are outdated and photo booths are on their way out. But, I’m definitely not one of those people! I think they are incredibly fun. And get a thrill out of, seeing my goofy face in a white frame. There’s just something about instant photos that really appeals to me. So, it’s not odd that we had them for party favours, at a party recently. Upcycling them, with frames. Here, are the designs we tried out! Which one do you like best?
PS: This wasn’t a very complex DIY. And, that was completely, on purpose. It’s simple enough to make 2 of each design. But, when you have to make a 100 – the difficulty level goes up a lot. You should definitely keep that in mind when making these return gifts. If you would rather order them, let us know.
Time taken: 10 minutes per frame
- Thick double sided paper (we got the glossy kind, to avoid decorating a lot)
- Double Sided Tape
- Colored Tape/ Washi Tape
- Crafts Knife/ Cutter / Scissors
- Gold Marker (optional)
- Cutouts (optional)
Steps for Frame #1:
- Cut a rectangle measuring 14 x 21 cms.
- Fold the bottom 4 cms upwards and apply double sided tape on the edges of the fold inside.
- Before pasting the bottom fold, add wash tape on the edges of the frame.
- Paste the bottom half and add cutouts (maple leaves for fall! Cute, aren’t they?)
- Slide in polaroids, to check if they fit well.
Steps for polaroid frame #2:
- Cut out rectangle measuring 21 x 18 cms
- Draw out the space for the polaroid in the centre of the paper and draw 3 cms across each edge.
- Add layers of tape on the sides to give some finish.
- Cut over the lines made earlier, making spaces to slide the photo in.
Steps for Frame #3:
- Cut thick paper in a rectangle measuring 29 x 21 cms and fold it in half.
- Draw out the space for the polaroid, 2.5 cms from the top of frame, on the right side. Fold the bottom 3 cms upwards
- Cut out the frame drawn and the fold on the right side.
- Paste the edges of the flap on the left side.
- Use tape over the edges of the frame (inside and out) and on the flap folded upwards.
- If you like, you can add some gold details to the tape, with a marker.
I would be excited to get this, as a party favour. Would you? Which one do you like?