No, this game does not involve vigorous dancing, but does require a bit of running around! It’s good for all ages and doesn’t take much time to play either.
How to prep for the game:
A.In this game, you divide out the people there into two groups: The Parts & The Ends. This isn’t really important, except for making sure no one cheats!
B. Now, you give The Parts, this first set of notes. One for each person. Needless to say, no one is supposed to peak or share. The set:
- CAN you do this dance?
- CAN you go this place?
- CAN you paint?
- CAN you travel on this?
- CAN you eat here?
- CAN you burn this?
- CAN you eat this?
- CAN you remember this bird?
- CAN you buy this sweet?
- CAN you find these at parties?
- CAN you play this card game?
- CAN you recall this sunsign?
- CAN you use this to walk?
- CAN you make this Italian dish?
- CAN you use this for rafting?
- CAN you use this as a shade?
- CAN you use these in wars?
- CAN you go to this grand location?
- CAN you pet these animals?
C. Next, each of these clues has it’s own counterpart! And you have to give notes with the remaining half to The Ends group. Again, one per person. Here, are the notes:
D. Here’s a master list for the person running the game:
- CANCAN – A DANCE
- CANADA – COUNTRY OF THE MAPLE LEAF
- CANVAS – WHAT YOU PAINT ON
- CANAL – AMSTERDAM ROADWAYS
- CANTEEN – COLLEGE EATING JOINT
- CANDLE – BURN WHEN THE LIGHT GOES OUT
- CANDY – SWEETS YOU LOVE TO EAT
- CANAPE – A POPULAR PICK UP SNACK
- CANARY – A YELLOW BIRD
- CANASTA – A CARD GAME
- CANCER – SUN SIGN
- CANE – WALKING STICK
- CANNELLONI – ITALIAN DISH
- CANOE – A TYBE OF BOAT
- CANOPY – USED AS A SHADE
- CANNON – USED TO FIGHT WARS
- CANYON – THE GRAND CANYON
- CANINE – DOG
E. Take 18 cans and put chits with the final answer in each of them. Such as, CANADA, CANOPY etc. Jumble up these cans in one corner of the room.
How the game works:
As the game starts, tell everyone that each answer starts with the word CAN. The Parts need to approach the Ends and try to find the part which completes them.
Once someone finds their partner, the PART tags the END and the END needs to locate their final chit from the pile of cans. The first one to get their chit and clues to the moderator of the game WINS!
For the adults, you can add alcohol to the mix, by keeping a table of shots instead of cans. Once the END has the clue they need to find a shot glass with their clue written on it and take the shot. The one to drink first wins!